Live From NY it's Sunday Morning!

So, it's Sunday and I'm at work. I've been up since 4am, to get to work at 6am. I don't even know if it's safe for me to blog at work, but I'm kind of bored right now, so why not?

I had to walk over the Pulaski Bridge to get to the 7 train... and at 5am, it was still dark out and could faintly see the sun coming up behind the Citi Corp building. I don't know how safe it is for a girl like me to be walking over a bridge in the wee hours of the morning, but by then I'm sure all the creepy crawlies are too tired to jump and/or attack anyone.

Lest to say, I've dubbed it the "Bridge of Shame" , going by the number of people coming home from a Saturday night of too-much-party! hehe.

I'm so jealous. My boyfriend is probably still asleep. *le sigh*

Yesterday we just drove around Brooklyn. I checked out DUMBO for the first time. I never realized how gorgeousi t is there, under the bridges, and the park. They still have those waterfall things up... honestly, I really don't get them. They don't look the least bit amusing... kind of like the "Gates of Central Park"... Not to be a snob, but seriously, It's really kind of meaningless as art. Not to mention the water that spews out from the scafoldings smells like East River, and is killing the greenery all around it. OK, rant over.

We also meandered around Park Slope and passed one of those adopt-a-kitty mobiles. I fell in love with this one puddy-tat named Bijou! She only had three legs due to some unfortunate accident, but she was so sweet! I wanted to take her home. :-(
But my landlord, I'm sure would not like that. Boo landlord!

I definitely want to adopt a kitty or a dog... I'm more of a dog person, but I think a cat would be better, since I wouldn't look forward to having to walk a dog in the winter... Double *le sigh*

In other news, my cousin Karin and her husband adopted a baby and I'm supposed to visit her for the first time after work!!! So excited! They named her Summer! Eeee!!!

And last but not least... my latest shopping splurge:
Normally I never find anything at DSW, but I totally fell in love with these!!!
They're Steve Maddens, origionally $100 marked down to $79.89 Woohoo! My credit card company loves me.