Out of Cape Cod

It's come to a point in my life of freelancing and being unemployed that I've decided to pick up blogging once again... along with my other favorite hobbies, such as knitting, photography, baking and cooking... all things which I've seemed to be doing a lot lately, during my quest for a new job in video editing. 

I'm not ashamed to say it's a nice departure from all the technical mumbo-jumbo, and to be honest, I'd rather be doing this than that. *sigh* I'm in the wrong industry, even though I'm very good at what I do and enjoy certain projects, I'm more into the crafty things.  


But anyway, My boyfriend and I just got back from a week-long trip out in Cape Cod. Beach-hopped, went to the Barnstable County Fair, Kayaked, fished (first time and I caught 3!), took lots and lots of photos... I seriously feel in one week, I've made up for missed childhood experiences. I grew up in the city, and never really got to experience the outdoors too often, so even though I'm only 25, I felt like a little girl the whole time! :-D I'm still going through all the photos I took... I think there's about 300!!! Here's one of my favorites so far:


So... knitting. I'm determined to knit a sweater for the first time. I started a deviation of this one pattern, but have to put it on hold because I need more yarn, and my local yarn store is on hiatus. Grrr.... 
So I in the meantime, I fell in love with this other pattern, Lana Grossa's "Kidair Wrap-Around Top".... however, I can't for the life of me get the pattern to work. By the third row of lace knitting, the YO become mis-aligned, and I end up with extra stitches. I must have re-started it over and over about over 20 times... I thought about giving up, but I can't! I'm determined to figure it out... That's my goal today (along with sending out 5 resumes... eye on the prize, Kristin!) ;-)

OK, off to conquer this pattern... among other things! 

Over n' Out!